Skip to main content

Mother Cabrini Catholic War Veterans Post 156 records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: ADN 0056
The Mother Cabrini Catholic War Veterens Post 156 records include materials related to the club's operation. This consists of correspondence and financial documents, information on events, membership rosters and forms, and information related to the commission and donation of a statue of Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini to Cabrini Park in Newark, N.J., in 1958.

Dates

  • 1946-1977

Conditions Governing Access

Temporarily closed to research.

Conditions Governing Use

All materials available in this collection (unless otherwise noted) are the property of the Monsignor William Noé Field Archives & Special Collections Center and Seton Hall University, which reserves the right to limit access to or reproduction of these materials. Reproduction of materials or content is subject to United States copyright restrictions and may be subject to federal or state privacy regulations. Permission to publish exact reproductions must be obtained from the Director of the Archives and Special Collections Center.

Extent

0.42 Linear Feet (Approximately 150 items. )

Overview

The Mother Cabrini Catholic War Veterans, Post 156, was founded in 1946 by combat veterans of the second Wolrd War. The group was a chapter of the national Catholic War Veterans group and usually met at Our Lady of Mount Carmel parish in Newark. The Mother Cabrini Catholic War Veterens Post 156 records include materials related to the club's operation, such as correspondence, financial documents, information on membership, and the donation of a statue of Saint Francis Xavier Cabrini to the City of Newark.

Biographical / Historical

The Mother Cabrini Catholic War Veterans, Post 156, was founded in 1946 by combat veterans of the second Wolrd War. The group was a chapter of the national Catholic War Veterans group, usually met at Our Lady of Mount Carmel parish in Newark, and was founded in part by Matty D'Alessio. Named for the first American saint, Francis Xavier Cabrini, the group raised money for and donated a statue of Mother Cabrini to the City of Newark in 1958.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Materials were transferred to the Archives and Special Collections Center from the Archdiocese of Newark in 2005 by Rev. James M. Sheehan. Accession number 2006.05.12.FRS.

Processing Information

The collection was processed by the Archives and Special Collections Center in 2005. Finding aid created in 2012 by Tracy M. Jackson as part of the Overhaul Project collection survey.
Title
Mother Cabrini Catholic War Veterans Post 156 records, 1946-1977
Author
Tracy M. Jackson
Date
2012
Description rules
dacs
Language of description
Finding aid written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the The Monsignor Field Archives & Special Collection Center Repository

Contact:
Archives, Walsh Library
400 South Orange Ave
South Orange NJ 07079 US
973-761-9476