Skip to main content

John Delaney papers

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: ADN 0004-006
The John Delaney papers include letters, newspaper clippings, business cards, and prayer cards, among other materials, from Msgr. Delaney's time at St. Patrick's Pro-Cathedral in Newark, N.J.

Dates

  • 1930s-1940s

Conditions Governing Access

Temporarily closed to research.

Conditions Governing Use

All materials available in this collection (unless otherwise noted) are the property of the Monsignor William Noé Field Archives & Special Collections Center and Seton Hall University, which reserves the right to limit access to or reproduction of these materials. Reproduction of materials or content is subject to United States copyright restrictions and may be subject to federal or state privacy regulations. Permission to publish exact reproductions must be obtained from the Director of the Archives and Special Collections Center.

Extent

1.25 Linear Feet

Biographical / Historical

John G. Delaney was born in Paterson, N.J. in 1894 and ordained in the Roman Catholic Church on 11 April 1920. He was assigned to St. Patrick's Pro-Cathedral in Newark. He was secretary to Archbishop Thomas J. Walsh from 1929-1933, was named a papl chamberlain in 1934, and then named a domestic prelate in 1941. Monsignor Delaney was also moderator of the Mt. Carmel Guild and a chaplain of St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Elizabeth, N.J., from 1946-1969. Msgr. Delaney died 7 November 1972 in Elizabeth, N.J., after a long illness.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Materials were transferred to the Archives and Special Collections Center from the Archdiocese of Newark. Terms of accession unknown.

Processing Information

This collection is not yet processed. Finding aid and basic collection description created in 2013 by Patrick Tobias and Tracy M. Jackson as part of the Overhaul Project collection survey.
Title
John Delaney papers, 1930s-1940s
Author
Tracy M. Jackson
Date
2013
Description rules
dacs
Language of description
Finding aid written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the The Monsignor Field Archives & Special Collection Center Repository

Contact:
Archives, Walsh Library
400 South Orange Ave
South Orange NJ 07079 US
973-761-9476