Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Identifier: ADN 0010-001
The Diocese of Newark was created in 1853 and was elevated to an Archdiocese in 1937. The Chancery Office required parish priests to submit yearly reports reflecting the financial and spiritual condition of their churches. The Diocese of Newark Church reports include the annual reports of parish priests to the Chancery Office from 1843-1925, which themselves include information on population and sacramental statistics.
Identifier: ADN 0003-009
Jerome A. Pechillo (1919-1991) served as Prelate of Coronel Oviedo, Paraguay and Auxiliary Bishop of Newark, NJ. This collection includes photographs, certificates, and memorabilia depicting his service to the church; particularly the Hispanic community.
1927-1991 (bulk 1951-1990); Majority of material found within 1951 - 1990
Collection — Box: 30
Identifier: ADN 0002-004
John J. O'Connor was born in Newark, NJ in 1855, attended Seton Hall College and the North American College in Rome. He was a priest of the Diocese of Newark, a professor at Seton Hall College, the Vicar General of the Diocese under Bishop Winand Wigger, and became Bishop of the Diocese of Newark upon the death of Bishop Wigger, in 1901. He served as bishop until his death in 1927. The John J. O'Connor papers include the personal and professional papers of Bishop O'Connor, primarily from his...
1873-1928 (bulk 1900-1927); Majority of material found within 1900 - 1927