Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Archdiocese of Newark Church reports
The Diocese of Newark was created in 1853 and was elevated to an Archdiocese in 1937. The Chancery Office required parish priests to submit yearly reports reflecting the financial and spiritual condition of their churches. The Diocese of Newark Church reports include the annual reports of parish priests to the Chancery Office from 1843-1925, which themselves include information on population and sacramental statistics.
Archdiocese of Newark Office of Research & Planning
The Office of Research and Planning for the Archdiocese of Newark initiates and maintains program-oriented planning and development to maximize the resources of the Church in Newark. The Office of Research and Planning of the Archdiocese of Newark records include materials related to the beginning of the ORP in 1975 and its activities through the 1970s and 1980s.
John J. O'Connor papers
Michael A. Corrigan papers
Michael A. Corrigan was the second Bishop of Newark and the third president of Seton Hall College. The Michael A. Corrigan papers primarily consist of materials related to Corrigan's tenure as Bishop.
Winand Wigger papers
Papers and records of Bishop Winand Wigger from his time as Bishop in the Diocese of Newark, New Jersey.
- Catholic Church -- History -- 20th century. 3
- Church growth -- Catholic Church. 3
- Italian American Catholics -- New Jersey 3
- German American Catholics -- New Jersey. 2
- Hungarian American Catholics -- New Jersey 2
- Catholic Church -- Charities. 1
- Catholic Church -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Catholic Church -- Pastoral letters and charges. 1
- Catholic universities and colleges. 1
- Catholics, Greek -- New Jersey. 1
- Monasticism and religious orders for women -- New Jersey -- History. 1
- Polish American Catholics -- New Jersey 1 ∧ less