Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13

Archdiocese of Newark 125th Anniversary records

 Collection
Identifier: ADN 0054
Overview The Archdiocese of Newark celebrated the 125th anniversary of its founding in 1978. Materials in the Archdiocese of Newark 125th Anniversary records include correspondence and memoranda related to the planning and attendance of celebratory events.

Archdiocese of Newark Church reports

 Collection
Identifier: ADN 0010-001
Overview The Diocese of Newark was created in 1853 and was elevated to an Archdiocese in 1937. The Chancery Office required parish priests to submit yearly reports reflecting the financial and spiritual condition of their churches. The Diocese of Newark Church reports include the annual reports of parish priests to the Chancery Office from 1843-1925, which themselves include information on population and sacramental statistics.

Archdiocese of Newark Office of Research & Planning

 Collection
Identifier: ADN 0063
Overview The Office of Research and Planning for the Archdiocese of Newark initiates and maintains program-oriented planning and development to maximize the resources of the Church in Newark. The Office of Research and Planning of the Archdiocese of Newark records include materials related to the beginning of the ORP in 1975 and its activities through the 1970s and 1980s.

Catholic Women's College Club records

 Collection
Identifier: ADN 0027
Overview The Catholic Women's College Club was a New Jersey organization in operation from at least 1934-1985. This collection spans the years of 1934 through 1985 and documents the development and subsequent operations of the Catholic Women's College Club, a New Jersey organization. The collection includes records of meetings and activities as well as clippings and memorabilia.

Francis Derivaux scrapbook

 Collection
Identifier: ADN 0085
Abstract Fr. Francis Derivaux was a priest in the Archdiocese of Newark. He attended Seton Hall College, graduating in 1911, and then went on to study at Immaculate Conception Seminary. Fr. Derivaux was ordained in 1915 and assigned to St. Leo’s parish in Irvington, where he worked until his death in 1923. The scrapbook is divided into two sections: the first contains memories of his time at Seton Hall College and Immaculate Conception Seminary, and the second is concerned with his work at St. Leo’s in...

Fratres in Unum newsletters

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: ADN 0057
Overview Quarterly priest publication by priests within the Archdiocese of Newark.

John J. O'Connor papers

 Collection — Box: 30
Identifier: ADN 0002-004
Overview John J. O'Connor was born in Newark, NJ in 1855, attended Seton Hall College and the North American College in Rome. He was a priest of the Diocese of Newark, a professor at Seton Hall College, the Vicar General of the Diocese under Bishop Winand Wigger, and became Bishop of the Diocese of Newark upon the death of Bishop Wigger, in 1901. He served as bishop until his death in 1927. The John J. O'Connor papers include the personal and professional papers of Bishop O'Connor, primarily from his...

Martin W. Stanton papers

 Collection
Identifier: ADN 0003-005
Overview Martin Stanton (1897-1977) was a priest of the Archdiocese of Newark, a papal chamberlain, and an auxiliary bishop of the Archdiocese of Newark. The Martin W. Stanton papers include correspondence memorabilia regarding Martin Stanton's elevation to Bishop and the death of his sister.

Mother Cabrini Catholic War Veterans Post 156 records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: ADN 0056
Overview The Mother Cabrini Catholic War Veterans, Post 156, was founded in 1946 by combat veterans of the second Wolrd War. The group was a chapter of the national Catholic War Veterans group and usually met at Our Lady of Mount Carmel parish in Newark. The Mother Cabrini Catholic War Veterens Post 156 records include materials related to the club's operation, such as correspondence, financial documents, information on membership, and the donation of a statue of Saint Francis Xavier Cabrini to the City...

New Jersey Catholic Historical Commission records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: Mss 0014
Overview The New Jersey Catholic Historical Commission (NJCHC) is a specially appointed board sponsored by the Catholic Bishops of New Jersey and Seton Hall University with its administrative offices within the Archives & Special Collections Center. The NJCHC records contain materials from the founding of the Commission to the present day.

Filtered By

  • Subject: Catholics -- Newark (N.J.) -- History X

Filter Results