- keyword(s): south orange
Showing Results: 1 - 10 of 14
The Liturgical Commission of the Archdiocese of Newark was created after the Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy was produced by the Second Vatican Council and gave guidance to the priests and lay congregation of the Archdiocese of Newark on changes to the liturgy. The Liturgical Commission of the Archdiocese of Newark records includes materials related to the work of the Liturgical Commission during the 1960s to assist in selecting and incorporating new materials for and into the Liturgy.
The Second Vatican Council took place from 11 October 1962 to 8 December 1965 in St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican City and is seen to mark a great change in the history of the Church, as the effects of its documents were wide-ranging and far-reaching. The Mrs. Frank Whitrock scrapbooks on the Second Vatican Council consists of ten volumes of scrapbooks containing documents and newspaper articles about the Council.
The Diocese of Newark was created in 1853 and was elevated to an Archdiocese in 1937. The Chancery Office required parish priests to submit yearly reports reflecting the financial and spiritual condition of their churches. The Diocese of Newark Church reports include the annual reports of parish priests to the Chancery Office from 1843-1925, which themselves include information on population and sacramental statistics.
James A. Weisbecker was a Catholic priest in the Archdiocese of Newark from the 1930s-1960s. This collection contains his various sermons, newspaper clippings, correspondence, and scrapbooks from the 1930s to the 1960s.
The Office of Research and Planning for the Archdiocese of Newark initiates and maintains program-oriented planning and development to maximize the resources of the Church in Newark. The Office of Research and Planning of the Archdiocese of Newark records include materials related to the beginning of the ORP in 1975 and its activities through the 1970s and 1980s.
The Second Vatican Council took place from 11 October 1962 to 8 December 1965 in St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican City and is seen to mark a great change in the history of the Church, as the effects of its documents were wide-ranging and far-reaching. The Kathleen Skrupskis scrapbook on the Second Vatican Council consists of one large scrapbook and photocopies of the scrapbook pages containing numerous newsclippings and articles on the events and decisions of the Second Vatican Council.
Jerome A. Pechillo (1919-1991) served as Prelate of Coronel Oviedo, Paraguay and Auxiliary Bishop of Newark, NJ. This collection includes photographs, certificates, and memorabilia depicting his service to the church; particularly the Hispanic community.
- Catholics -- Newark (N.J.) -- History 4
- Catholic schools. 3
- Church growth -- Catholic Church. 3
- Antisemitism -- Research. 2
- Catholic Church -- History -- 19th century. 2
- German American Catholics -- New Jersey. 2
- Italian American Catholics -- New Jersey 2
- Judaism -- Europe -- History -- 20th century. 2
- Judaism -- Relations -- Christianity. 2
- Monasticism and religious orders for women -- New Jersey -- History. 2
- Seton Hall University -- Faculty. 2
- Women in the Catholic Church -- New Jersey. 2
- Benedictine monasteries -- New Jersey. 1
- Benedictine nuns -- New Jersey. 1
- Birth control—Religious aspects—Catholic Church. 1
- Catholic Church -- Charities. 1
- Catholic Church -- Dioceses -- Paraguay. 1
- Catholic Church -- Liturgy. 1
- Catholic Church -- Sermons. 1
- Catholic universities and colleges. 1
- Catholics -- United States -- History. 1
- Catholics, Greek -- New Jersey. 1
- Christianity and antisemitism 1
- Correspondence 1
- Dominican sisters -- New Jersey -- History. 1
- Ecumenical movement -- Congresses. 1
- Franciscan monasteries -- New Jersey. 1
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Research. 1
- Hungarian American Catholics -- New Jersey 1
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint, and the church 1
- Monasticism and religious orders -- New Jersey -- History. 1
- Seton Hall University -- History. 1
- Teachers -- Training of -- New Jersey. 1
- Vatican Council (2nd: 1962-1965: Basilica di San Pietro in Vaticano) 1 ∧ less
- French 1