- keyword(s): south orange
Showing Results: 1 - 4 of 4
Archdiocese of Newark Church reports
The Diocese of Newark was created in 1853 and was elevated to an Archdiocese in 1937. The Chancery Office required parish priests to submit yearly reports reflecting the financial and spiritual condition of their churches. The Diocese of Newark Church reports include the annual reports of parish priests to the Chancery Office from 1843-1925, which themselves include information on population and sacramental statistics.
John J. O'Connor papers
Jerome A. Pechillo papers
Jerome A. Pechillo (1919-1991) served as Prelate of Coronel Oviedo, Paraguay and Auxiliary Bishop of Newark, NJ. This collection includes photographs, certificates, and memorabilia depicting his service to the church; particularly the Hispanic community.
Michael A. Corrigan papers
Michael A. Corrigan was the second Bishop of Newark and the third president of Seton Hall College. The Michael A. Corrigan papers primarily consist of materials related to Corrigan's tenure as Bishop.
- Catholic Church -- History -- 20th century. 3
- Catholic schools. 3
- Catholics -- Newark (N.J.) -- History 3
- Italian American Catholics -- New Jersey 2
- Catholic Church -- Dioceses -- Paraguay. 1
- Catholic Church -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Catholic Church -- Pastoral letters and charges. 1
- Catholic universities and colleges. 1
- Catholics, Greek -- New Jersey. 1
- German American Catholics -- New Jersey. 1
- Hungarian American Catholics -- New Jersey 1
- Monasticism and religious orders for women -- New Jersey -- History. 1 ∧ less