- keyword(s): south orange
Showing Results: 1 - 5 of 5
Identifier: ADN 0010-001
Abstract The Diocese of Newark was created in 1853 and was elevated to an Archdiocese in 1937. The Chancery Office required parish priests to submit yearly reports reflecting the financial and spiritual condition of their churches. The Diocese of Newark Church reports include the annual reports of parish priests to the Chancery Office from 1843-1925, which themselves include information on population and sacramental statistics.
Identifier: ADN 0063
Abstract The Office of Research and Planning for the Archdiocese of Newark initiates and maintains program-oriented planning and development to maximize the resources of the Church in Newark. The Office of Research and Planning of the Archdiocese of Newark records include materials related to the beginning of the ORP in 1975 and its activities through the 1970s and 1980s.
Collection — Box: 30
Identifier: ADN 0002-004
Abstract John J. O'Connor was born in Newark, NJ in 1855, attended Seton Hall College and the North American College in Rome. He was a priest of the Diocese of Newark, a professor at Seton Hall College, the Vicar General of the Diocese under Bishop Winand Wigger, and became Bishop of the Diocese of Newark upon the death of Bishop Wigger, in 1901. He served as bishop until his death in 1927. The John J. O'Connor papers include the personal and professional papers of Bishop O'Connor, primarily from his...
Dates: 1873-1928 (bulk 1900-1927); Majority of material found within 1900 - 1927
Identifier: ADN 0002-003
Abstract Papers and records of Bishop Winand Wigger from his time as Bishop in the Diocese of Newark, New Jersey.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: ADN 0002-002
Abstract Michael A. Corrigan was the second Bishop of Newark and the third president of Seton Hall College. The Michael A. Corrigan papers primarily consist of materials related to Corrigan's tenure as Bishop.
- Catholic Church -- History -- 20th century. 3
- Church growth -- Catholic Church. 3
- Italian American Catholics -- New Jersey 3
- German American Catholics -- New Jersey. 2
- Hungarian American Catholics -- New Jersey 2
- Catholic Church -- Charities. 1
- Catholic Church -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Catholic Church -- Pastoral letters and charges. 1
- Catholic universities and colleges. 1
- Catholics, Greek -- New Jersey. 1
- Monasticism and religious orders for women -- New Jersey -- History. 1
- Polish American Catholics -- New Jersey 1 ∧ less