- keyword(s): south orange
Showing Results: 1 - 4 of 4
Identifier: ADN 0010-001
Abstract The Diocese of Newark was created in 1853 and was elevated to an Archdiocese in 1937. The Chancery Office required parish priests to submit yearly reports reflecting the financial and spiritual condition of their churches. The Diocese of Newark Church reports include the annual reports of parish priests to the Chancery Office from 1843-1925, which themselves include information on population and sacramental statistics.
Collection — Box: 30
Identifier: ADN 0002-004
Abstract John J. O'Connor was born in Newark, NJ in 1855, attended Seton Hall College and the North American College in Rome. He was a priest of the Diocese of Newark, a professor at Seton Hall College, the Vicar General of the Diocese under Bishop Winand Wigger, and became Bishop of the Diocese of Newark upon the death of Bishop Wigger, in 1901. He served as bishop until his death in 1927. The John J. O'Connor papers include the personal and professional papers of Bishop O'Connor, primarily from his...
Dates: 1873-1928 (bulk 1900-1927); Majority of material found within 1900 - 1927
Identifier: Mss 0068
Abstract The Lardiere Milano family was a family of Italian Americans living in Newark at the turn of the 20th century. The Lardiere Milano family photographs primarily consists of snapshots and photographs of members of the Lardiere family, as well as photographs of the Milano family, landscapes and scenery, and some objects belonging to Angelina Lardiere.
Dates: 1930-1970, 2013
Identifier: ADN 0002-003
Abstract Papers and records of Bishop Winand Wigger from his time as Bishop in the Diocese of Newark, New Jersey.
- Catholic schools. 3
- Catholic Church -- History -- 20th century. 2
- Church growth -- Catholic Church. 2
- German American Catholics -- New Jersey. 2
- Hungarian American Catholics -- New Jersey 2
- Catholic Church -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Catholic universities and colleges. 1
- Catholics, Greek -- New Jersey. 1
- Italian Americans -- New Jersey. 1
- Landscape photography. 1
- Monasticism and religious orders for women -- New Jersey -- History. 1
- Photographs 1
- Polish American Catholics -- New Jersey 1
- Portrait photography. 1 ∧ less