- keyword(s): south orange
Showing Results: 1 - 5 of 5
Identifier: Mss 0102
Abstract This collection contains materials dating from 1939 to 2013 documenting the life and work of Luna Kaufman, a holocaust survivor who became an advocate for Jewish-Christian relations. The collection consists of Kaufman’s papers, audio-visual materials, and scrapbooks relating to her life and activism.
Dates: 1939 - 2013
Identifier: Mss 0125
Abstract This collection consists of a single bound diary which belonged to John Erigena Robinson. It covers the years 1867 and 1873 to 1878, although there are some large gaps between entries. Robinson was a student at Seton Hall College, graduating in the class of 1874. He was the son of congressman William Erigena Robinson, and a native of Brooklyn. An avid baseball player, he played on Seton Hall’s baseball team (then named The Alerts) and on several club teams in Brooklyn. After graduating Seton...
Dates: 1867, 1873-1878; 1867 January 1 - December 31 (transcribed from an older volume) ; 1873 January 1 - 1873 February 28; 1874 March 1 - 1874 May 24; 1874 August 1 - 1874 December 31; 1876 May 18 - 1878 June 13
Identifier: Mss 0001
Abstract Leonard Dreyfuss was born in New York in 1886 and moved to Newark in 1914, working for the Newark Sign Company before and during its merger to form the United Advertising Corporation; he was highly active with the New Jersey Civil Defense Advisory Committee during and after the Second World War, and was also active in many civic organizations and activities. The Leonard Dreyfuss papers include materials from Dreyfuss's time involved with Civil Defense, materials related to his business, and a...
Dates: 1786 - 1972; Majority of material found within 1931 - 1972
Identifier: ADN 0002-001
Abstract Papers of James Roosevelt Bayley, the first Bishop of Newark, New Jersey.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: Mss 0005
Abstract The collection contains the papers of the Seton family of New York City and the Jevons family of Liverpool, England and New York City.
- Subject: Diaries X
- Diaries. 4
- Account books. 2
- Letters. 2
- Scrapbooks. 2
- Seton Hall University -- History. 2
- Catholic Church -- Pastoral letters and charges. 1
- Catholic converts -- New Jersey. 1
- Catholic universities and colleges. 1
- Catholics -- Newark (N.J.) -- History 1
- Catholics -- United States -- History. 1
- Civil defense readiness. 1
- Clippings 1
- Correspondence 1
- Ephemera. 1
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Study and teaching -- United States. 1
- Jersey City (N.J.) -- History. 1
- Judaism -- Relations -- Christianity. 1
- Photographs. 1
- Seton Hall University -- Baseball 1
- Seton Hall University -- Students. 1
- Student diaries 1
- Teaching -- Aids and devices 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1 ∧ less