- keyword(s): south orange
Showing Results: 1 - 8 of 8
Identifier: Mss 0102
Abstract This collection contains materials dating from 1939 to 2013 documenting the life and work of Luna Kaufman, a holocaust survivor who became an advocate for Jewish-Christian relations. The collection consists of Kaufman’s papers, audio-visual materials, and scrapbooks relating to her life and activism.
Dates: 1939 - 2013
Identifier: SHU 0003-004
Abstract James H. Corrigan was the fourth president of Seton Hall College, from 1876-1888. The collection contains correspondence, a photograph of Rev. James Corrigan, and a photograph scrapbook.
Dates: 1871-1888, undated
Identifier: Mss 0122
Scope and Contents The following contents of this collection constitute various materials representing the intellectual files of John C.H.Wu along with personal items that illustrate his family life and faith. This includes original manuscripts, printed works, photographs, notebooks, sketch books, subject files, posters, clippings, and other research matter of note.
Dates: 1958 - 1996
Identifier: Mss 0049
Abstract Walter J. Cohrssen was a Professor of Music at Seton Hall University between 1952 and 1977, as well as a musical composer. This collection spans the time period between 1929 and 1983 and consists of Cohrssen's own handwritten musical scores, as well as some audio recordings of Cohrssen's pieces, a scrapbook, and several photographs and ephemera.
Abstract The Bayley Seton League was founded in 1938 and is recognized as the oldest service organization at Seton Hall University. The Bayley-Seton League records include documents related to the operation of the organization.
Identifier: Mss 0023
Abstract The 1940 United States presidential election took place on 5 November 1940; the two main candidates were Democrat Franklin D. Roosevelt, the incumbent running for his third term, and Republican Wendell Willkie, a businessman from Indiana. Important issues of the election revolved around the controversy of Roosevelt running for a third term, which no President had ever done, isolationism and the question of American involvement in World War II in Europe, and America's recovery from the Great...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: Mss 0004
Abstract Professional papers of Marcus Daly, New Jersey politician and educator.
Identifier: ADN 0002-001
Abstract Papers of James Roosevelt Bayley, the first Bishop of Newark, New Jersey.
- Letters. 3
- Clippings 2
- Correspondence 2
- Diaries. 2
- Photographs. 2
- Seton Hall University -- Faculty. 2
- Account books. 1
- Catholic Church -- Pastoral letters and charges. 1
- Catholic converts -- New Jersey. 1
- Catholics -- Newark (N.J.) -- History 1
- China -- Politics and government -- 1912-1949 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Committees. 1
- Composition (Music). 1
- Concert programs 1
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Study and teaching -- United States. 1
- Judaism -- Relations -- Christianity. 1
- Lawyers, Foreign -- China 1
- Membership cards. 1
- Monmouth County (N.J.) -- Politics and government -- 1945-1989. 1
- Monmouth County (N.J.). Welfare Board -- History. 1
- Political science teachers -- History. 1
- Portraits. 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1940. 1
- Seton Hall University -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- Seton Hall University -- History. 1
- Speeches. 1
- Teaching -- Aids and devices 1
- Women volunteers in social service. 1 ∧ less