- keyword(s): south orange Years: the beginning to -- Faculty.
Showing Results: 1 - 5 of 5
Office of the President & Chancellor: William F. Marshall records
William F. Marshall was the fifth president of Seton Hall College, from 1888 to 1897. The collection contains photographs of President Marshall.
Office of the President & Chancellor: Francis J. Monaghan records
Reverend Francis J. Monaghan served as president of Seton Hall College from 1933 to 1936, after having served as a faculty member at the Immaculated Conception Seminary. The Francis J. Monaghan records contain documents from his tenure as President of Seton Hall College from 1933 to 1936.
Papers of John Morley
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: Mss 0149
Scope and Contents The Papers of John Morley include writings, lectures, research notes, correspondence, and miscellaneous documents and ephemera related to activities and events attended by Father Morley. The collection primarily centers on his work in Judeao-Christian Studies, anti-semitism, and the Vatican's role in the Holocaust. The latter is the basis of his published book, "Vatican Diplomacy and the Jews during the Holocaust, 1939-1943." The writings span from 1975 (when he was a student at NYU) to...
Office of the President & Chancellor: James F. Kelley records
Msgr. James F. Kelley was the President of Seton Hall University from 1936 to 1949. The James F. Kelley records contain both personal records and records of Seton Hall College.
John M. Oesterreicher papers
Identifier: Mss 0053
Abstract John M. Oesterreicher was born February 2, 1904 in Stadt-Liebau, Moravia, then a part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, into a Jewish family. He studied theology at the Universities of Graz and Vienna, was ordained to the priesthood in 1927, and in 1953 he founded the Institute for Judaeo-Christian Studies at Seton Hall University in South Orange, NJ. The John M. Oesterreicher papers include manuscripts, correspondence and sermons centering on his work in Judaeo-Christian Studies and...
- Seton Hall University -- Faculty. 3
- Antisemitism -- Research. 2
- Catholic Church -- Sermons. 2
- Catholics -- United States -- History. 2
- Judaism -- Europe -- History -- 20th century. 2
- Judaism -- Relations -- Christianity. 2
- Seton Hall University -- Officials and employees. 2
- Vatican Council (2nd: 1962-1965: Basilica di San Pietro in Vaticano) 2
- Catholic Church -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Christianity and antisemitism 1
- Correspondence 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Photographs. 1
- Seton Hall University 1
- Seton Hall University -- Students. 1 ∧ less
- French 1