- keyword(s): south orange Years: the beginning to -- History.
Showing Results: 1 - 2 of 2
Identifier: Mss 0053
Abstract John M. Oesterreicher was born February 2, 1904 in Stadt-Liebau, Moravia, then a part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, into a Jewish family. He studied theology at the Universities of Graz and Vienna, was ordained to the priesthood in 1927, and in 1953 he founded the Institute for Judaeo-Christian Studies at Seton Hall University in South Orange, NJ. The John M. Oesterreicher papers include manuscripts, correspondence and sermons centering on his work in Judaeo-Christian Studies and...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: Mss 0005
The collection contains the papers of the Seton family of New York City and the Jevons family of Liverpool, England and New York City.
- Account books. 1
- Antisemitism -- Research. 1
- Catholic Church -- Sermons. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Diaries. 1
- Ephemera. 1
- Jersey City (N.J.) -- History. 1
- Judaism -- Europe -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Judaism -- Relations -- Christianity. 1
- Letters. 1
- Photographs. 1
- Seton Hall University -- Faculty. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Vatican Council (2nd: 1962-1965: Basilica di San Pietro in Vaticano) 1 ∧ less