- keyword(s): south orange Years: the beginning to -- History.
Showing Results: 1 - 3 of 3
Papers of John Morley
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: Mss 0149
Scope and Contents The Papers of John Morley include writings, lectures, research notes, correspondence, and miscellaneous documents and ephemera related to activities and events attended by Father Morley. The collection primarily centers on his work in Judeao-Christian Studies, anti-semitism, and the Vatican's role in the Holocaust. The latter is the basis of his published book, "Vatican Diplomacy and the Jews during the Holocaust, 1939-1943." The writings span from 1975 (when he was a student at NYU) to...
John C. H. Wu papers
Identifier: Mss 0122
Scope and Contents
The following contents of this collection constitute various materials representing the intellectual files of John C.H.Wu along with personal items that illustrate his family life and faith. This includes original manuscripts, printed works, photographs, notebooks, sketch books, subject files, posters, clippings, and other research matter of note.
Dates: 1958 - 1996
John M. Oesterreicher papers
Identifier: Mss 0053
Abstract John M. Oesterreicher was born February 2, 1904 in Stadt-Liebau, Moravia, then a part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, into a Jewish family. He studied theology at the Universities of Graz and Vienna, was ordained to the priesthood in 1927, and in 1953 he founded the Institute for Judaeo-Christian Studies at Seton Hall University in South Orange, NJ. The John M. Oesterreicher papers include manuscripts, correspondence and sermons centering on his work in Judaeo-Christian Studies and...
- Antisemitism -- Research. 2
- Catholic Church -- Sermons. 2
- Catholics -- United States -- History. 2
- Correspondence 2
- Judaism -- Europe -- History -- 20th century. 2
- Judaism -- Relations -- Christianity. 2
- Seton Hall University -- History. 2
- Vatican Council (2nd: 1962-1965: Basilica di San Pietro in Vaticano) 2
- Catholic Church -- History -- 20th century. 1
- China -- Politics and government -- 1912-1949 1
- Christianity and antisemitism 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Lawyers, Foreign -- China 1
- Scrapbooks. 1 ∧ less
- French 1