- keyword(s): south orange Years: the beginning to .
Showing Results: 1 - 8 of 8
The Seton Junior League was founded in 1940 by young women fond of the idea of service in hopes of one day becoming part of the Bayley-Seton League. The Seton Junior League collection includes reports, meeting minutes, correspondence, and other materials related to the operation of the League.
Sister Marie Celeste is a noted author, Sister of Charity, and professor of French Studies at Loyola University. She has written several books on the life of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton. The Marie Celeste papers consist of documents pertaining to the life of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton as well as some other professional and some personal papers.
Joseph Francis was ordained as a priest in 1950 and became the fourth African American Roman Catholic bishop in the country, and the first ordained in the Northeast. Bishop Francis was a pioneering figure in the discussion of race and religion. The materials in this collection span the years between 1934 and 1997, and includes much of Bishop Francis' own writings for his speeches and sermons.
Michael A. Corrigan was the third president of Seton Hall College, from 1867-1876. The collection consists of letters and reproductions of letters to President Corrigan.
Professional papers of Dr. Michael Wyschogrod relating to his work in Jewish Christian studies.
The collection contains the papers of the Seton family of New York City and the Jevons family of Liverpool, England and New York City.
- Photographs. 7
- Seton Hall University -- History. 3
- African American Catholics. 2
- Catholics -- United States -- History. 2
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 2
- Video tapes. 2
- Account books. 1
- African American -- Study and teaching -- New Jersey. 1
- African American college students 1
- African American educators 1
- Antisemitism -- Research. 1
- Archival materials—Digitization. 1
- Asia -- Study and teaching -- New Jersey. 1
- Audiotapes. 1
- Bishop 1
- Business records. 1
- Catholic universities and colleges. 1
- Christianity and other religions. 1
- College theater. 1
- Committees. 1
- Communication in foreign language education. 1
- Diaries. 1
- Ephemera. 1
- French language -- Study and teaching. 1
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Research. 1
- Jersey City (N.J.) -- History. 1
- Judaism -- Relations -- Christianity. 1
- Language and languages -- Programmed instruction. 1
- Oriental languages -- Study and teaching -- New Jersey. 1
- Performance poetry. 1
- Periodicals. 1
- Photographs 1
- Playbills. 1
- Poetry 1
- Portraits. 1
- Prayer books. 1
- Programs. 1
- Racism -- Religious aspects -- Christianity 1
- Religious communities. 1
- Research -- History. 1
- Seton Hall University -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- Study and teaching -- African American students 1
- Theater - Reviews. 1
- Theater management. 1
- Theatrical posters. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- Study and teaching. 1
- Women volunteers in social service. 1 ∧ less
- French 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1