Italian American Catholics -- New Jersey
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: Mss 0018
Overview Ace Alagna was a photographer, editor and publisher of the Italian Tribune, and prominent member of the Italian American community in Newark, NJ. The Ace Alagna photographs consist of photographic negatives, prints, videos, and layout sheets from Ace Alagna's career as a photographer and as editor and owner of the newspaper the Italian Tribune.
Identifier: ADN 0010-001
Overview The Diocese of Newark was created in 1853 and was elevated to an Archdiocese in 1937. The Chancery Office required parish priests to submit yearly reports reflecting the financial and spiritual condition of their churches. The Diocese of Newark Church reports include the annual reports of parish priests to the Chancery Office from 1843-1925, which themselves include information on population and sacramental statistics.
Collection — Box 30
Identifier: ADN 0002-004
Overview John J. O'Connor was born in Newark, NJ in 1855, attended Seton Hall College and the North American College in Rome. He was a priest of the Diocese of Newark, a professor at Seton Hall College, the Vicar General of the Diocese under Bishop Winand Wigger, and became Bishop of the Diocese of Newark upon the death of Bishop Wigger, in 1901. He served as bishop until his death in 1927. The John J. O'Connor papers include the personal and professional papers of Bishop O'Connor, primarily from his...
Identifier: Mss 0068
Overview The Lardiere Milano family was a family of Italian Americans living in Newark at the turn of the 20th century. The Lardiere Milano family photographs primarily consists of snapshots and photographs of members of the Lardiere family, as well as photographs of the Milano family, landscapes and scenery, and some objects belonging to Angelina Lardiere.
Identifier: ADN 0002-003
Overview Papers and records of Bishop Winand Wigger from his time as Bishop in the Diocese of Newark, New Jersey.